* The President General was pleased to represent the Society at DAR's Opening Night of Congress, 20 June 2018. She saw many ADEAW members that evening and throughout the week.
* Did you see the "Who Do You Think You Are" episode with Jean Smart? Worth watching if you can find a re-run.
* The Travel Channel is filming at the Nurse house in Salem in mid-September. This filming is not open to the public but hopefully we'll see the finished product on a show called "Legendary Locations."
* The Fall 2018 Black Swan newsletter and directory will be mailed to members in one envelope in early October. Make sure your mailing address is up-to-date in our Corresponding Secretary's database.
* Our next Annual Meeting will be held in Washington DC at the University Club on Saturday, 13 April 2019. The Club is located on 16th Street, NW, near National Geographic, behind the Mayflower Hotel; it has very limited parking but there are parking garages nearby. You could also take Metro to Farragut North or Farragut West. Please be aware the Cherry Blossom parade is that day and there will be some street closures and delays.
Doors will open at 8:30 with breakfast served about 9 followed by the speaker and then the business meeting. All members, prospective members, and their guests are welcome. The meeting reservation form will be in the Spring 2019 Black Swan newsletter and posted on this site. Please make sure your email address is up-to-date.